All Saints Teaching School is running alongside its successful Leadership Development programme a shadowing opportunity aimed specifically at female and BME leaders and maternity returners. This shadowing opportunity is for aspirational leaders who are in the early stages of their senior/headship leadership pathway and are seeking to take on a headship/senior system leadership role in the near future. The aim of the shadowing opportunity is to inspire, inform and give participants the opportunity to shadow an experienced Head for 2 days in order to ensure that under represented groups have confidence to apply for that first headship/senior leadership position.
This opportunity is open to both secondary and primary colleagues.
The programme has been funded from the DfE which is aimed at addressing the fact that BME and female teachers are under-represented in leadership positions. This is our fourth year of running this type of programme and we know that often confidence and exposure to what is possible are often barriers to taking the next step. We aim to address these areas within the opportunity to spend time alongside an experienced Head.
This opportunity is aimed at existing leaders who are considering Headship/Senior Leadership as their next step promotion. The promotion can be internal and does not mean that applicants are expected to move schools.
We aim to inspire participants through shadowing inspirational female leaders.
The criteria for applicants:
- You will be able to identify the type of role you would like to apply for by July 2020
- You will have started to apply for next step promotion by July 2020
- You will commit to completing the 2 days of shadowing.
- Whilst the programme is funded it does not cover supply. Your headteacher will need to agree to release you for the 2 days.
- A willingness to be an active participant in any discussions.
Benefits for participants:
- An opportunity to observe ‘leadership’ in its different forms on the ground in a ‘live’ setting.
- An introduction to some leadership tools
- Opportunity to see inspirational leaders in action
- Be ready to take on a leadership post within your school/Trust
- An increased confidence and clarity about your next step.
Please discuss with your Head/Line Manager and then fill in the application form. We are limited to 7 places and may conduct telephone interviews.
Programme Outline and Dates
- Application Deadline Friday 13th March 2020
- Participants will be informed if they were successful by Friday 27th March 2020
- 2 day shadowing opportunity to take place during June/July 2020